Architects Charles and Henry Greene designed the Craftsman style house for Lucy E. Wheeler in 1905. Miss Wheeler operated a stenography, mimeograph and notary public service whose early clients included the Greene Brothers. Architects Robert F. Train and Robert E. Williams remodeled the house significantly in 1917 adding a full length porch. The house was restored in the mid-1980s by preservation architect Martin Eli Weil. Designated a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument (No. 991) in 2010.