Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Yasu Torigoe / Sets / Sept 2019 Gdansk, Poland 1
Yasu Torigoe / 137 items

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Sunset view from Hotel Sadove Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland.

The Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music or Akademia Muzyczna w Gdańsku - public higher education institution in Poland. The Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music began its academic activity in 1947.

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Wyżynna Gate, formerly also the "High Gate" - a Renaissance city gate in Gdańsk, now at the main road route ( Okopowa and Wały Jagiellońskie streets ). Until 1895 it was within sixteenth-century fortifications, between the Bastion of St. Elizabeth and the Karowy Bastion, and was the main gate to the city, opening the string of so-called Dear King .
The construction project was approved in 1586 and completed in 1588; for 290 years the gate existed unchanged. In 1861 the facade was subjected to restoration works (their trace is the date placed in several places). In 1878, it was decided to increase the passage capacity - the internal gate was demolished, and additional passages were punched in the embankments on both sides of the van den Blocke gate. In addition, the drawbridge over the moat was replaced by a permanent dyke. In 1884, the whole gate was faced with rusty (which previously existed only on the west facade ) and a frieze with the coat of arms on the eastern facade was added. In 1895, the embankments were completely lifted and the moat was filled up. For free-standing building in 1903, transferred to the gate guardhouse and therefore closed rides. Afterdemilitarization of Gdansk in 1920, the room after the guard was taken by the travel agency Norddeutscher Lloyd . In 1945, mainly the gate's sculptural decoration was damaged. Repairs and maintenance were carried out in 1946, 1949/50 and 1964/65. It was not until 1966 that the missing figure of the lion in the crown was reconstructed. The rooms were used by the "Orbis" Polish Travel Agency. In 1952, the passage was reopened, leaving closed side passages, which housed, among others tourist information. In 2002, the gate was taken over by the Historical Museum of the City of Gdańsk, and on May 22, 2012 , the Pomeranian Tourist Information Center was opened.

N 608 B 6.4K C 80 E Sep 23, 2019 F Jul 9, 2020
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Prison Tower ( German . Stockturm ) - was established as part of the medieval fortifications of the Main City in Gdansk . Together with the torture chamber and the so-called The neck is the foregate complex ( Barbican ) ul. Długa Street The foundations of the Prison Tower come from the beginning of the fourteenth century . The Prison Tower is used by the Historical Museum of the City of Gdańsk , which carried out conservation works and completed the reconstruction of the tower after war damage (the roof burned down).

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Brotherhood of St. Jerzy - a building in Gdańsk at Targ Węglowy 27, built in the years 1487 - 1494 by Jan Glothau as the seat of the confraternity of the patriciate of the Main City of Gdańsk. Brotherhood of St. At first, Jerzy gathered at the Artus Court , then he founded his own headquarters next to the Golden Gate , built in the Flemish style.After the war damage (destroyed roof, burnt interior), the building was rebuilt in 1950-1953. The figure of St. crowning the roof George survived evacuated from the city and placed in the building of the Bielkowo hydroelectric power plant .
Currently, the building houses the headquarters of the Coast Branch of the Association of Polish Architects .

golden gate złota brama gdańsk
Golden Gate is a historic Renaissance city gate in Gdańsk, Poland. It is located within the Royal Route, the most prominent part of the historic city center and is one of its most notable tourist attractions. It was created in 1612–14 in place of a 13th-century gothic gate, the Brama Długouliczna. Wikipedia

Tags:   Gdańsk Pomeranian Voivodeship Poland


3.6%