Long Pobrzeże - a water promenade in Gdańsk in the Main Town, stretching along the western bank of the Motława River. Along the street, there are water gates that are characteristic of Gdańsk architecture . The street was once called the Long Bridge.
The first mentions of a marina on this bank of Motława date back to the 14th century. For centuries, in the place of today's promenade, there were wooden platforms of different heights, not connected to each other, for unloading and unloading ships. In the 17th century, they were combined into one bridge. After World War II, the street was rebuilt from concrete elements and lined with polished marble.
•The Green Gate (left most with the bridge)
•Chlebnicka Gate (center with the arch)
Motława is a river in Eastern Pomerania in Poland. The source is in Szpęgawskie Lake, northeast from Starogard Gdański. It goes through Rokickie Lake to Martwa Wisła, a branch of the Vistula. The total length of the river is estimated at 68 km, with an area of 1511.3 km². Wikipedia