Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Snuffy / Sets / Waterdown, Hamilton, ON
56 items

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from wefhs.myhamilton.ca:

This Victorian house has been the home of two well known Waterdown residents. During the first half of the 20th century it was owned by Richard "Dick" Smith who served as Reeve of Waterdown, 1920-1924 and 1932-1943. The property was purchased c.1950 by Cecil Carson of Fred Carson & Sons, the company responsible for building the village water-works and for paving the Mount Hope airstrip.

Tags:   289 Dundas Street East Waterdown Hamilton Ontario Canada

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from wefhs.myhamilton.ca:

Constructed c. 1880 this home has several fine features including a wide front verandah and decorative bargeboard. Mr. Harold Greene, the first publisher of the Waterdown Review lived in the house for a brief period c.1918-1919, and a few of the early papers are believed to have been produced in the carriage house.

Tags:   Maple Lawn House 292 Dundas Street East Waterdown Hamilton Ontario Canada

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from www.wefhs.myhamilton.ca:

This building was constructed c.1859 as the Canadian Wesleyan Methodist New Connexion Church. After only 25 years the congregation joined with the Wesleyan Methodists on Mill St. and the building became the Sunday School for the two churches. Converted into a private residence, changes in the exterior of the building include the position of the front door and bricked windows. Note the unusual perennial garden along Flamboro St.

Tags:   Methodist New Connexion Church Places of Worship Waterdown Hamilton Ontario Canada 298 Dundas Street East

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from wefhs.myhamilton.ca:

This Victorian mansion was built in 1884 for successful Waterdown merchant William H. Crooker. At the turn of the century ownership of the property passed to his son F.W. Crooker who served as Waterdown's Postmaster 1906-1927 and as Reeve of the village from 1924 until his death in 1927.

Tags:   Waterdown Hamilton Ontario Canada 299 Dundas Street East Level-1:Peace Awards

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from www.wefhs.myhamilton.ca:

This fine red brick, one-and-a-half storey Victorian house with gables and barge board was built in 1880 by prosperous local merchant Charles Sealey, first Reeve of Waterdown. Mr. Sealey gave the name Chestnut Grove to his property, possibly from the large number of Horse Chestnut trees that were growing on the land around the house.

Tags:   315 Dundas Street East Waterdown Hamilton Ontario Canada Chestnut Grove Monde de la photo Groupe Charlie Titanium


8.9%