Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Snuffy / Sets / Lindsay, ON
33 items

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from Lindsay Walking Tour by Lindsay and District Chamber of Commerce: The town hall was designed by William Kauffman and built in 1864 by Messrs. Sutton & Co. and later Messrs. Drake & Foley. The west wing was added in 1865. The Italianate window design, combining with the classical revival style of architecture, gives the building a very distinguishable character. The Town Hall has housed the administrative offices since it was built. It is part of the original public Queen's Square along with the library and armory.

Tags:   Lindsay Ontario Canada Town Hall

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from Lindsay Walking Tour by Lindsay and District Chamber of Commerce: The Armoury was built in 1913, its cornerstone being laid by one of their most famous residents, Sir Sam Hughes. The building was encouraged by Sir Sam Hughes, who became the Minister of Militia in 1911, and one of his priortities was to build substantial armouries all across Canada.

Tags:   Lindsay Ontario Canada Victoria Park Armoury Auto_Focus Nice As It Gets-Level 1 **Heart Awards** Monde de la photo

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from Lindsay & District Chamber of Commerce-Lindsay Walking Tour: The Academy Theatre was designed by W. Blackwell of Peterborough and built in 1892 by William White of Lindsay. Erected as a "modern opera house" the theatre is still the cultural house of the community. It is the home of the Kawartha Summer Theatre.

Tags:   Lindsay Ontario Canada Academy Theatre **Heart Awards**

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

From the plaque on the outside wall: This two storey red brick building was constructed in 1902 by William White, a local contractor. This fire hall features Italianate windows, Victorian gables, highly pitched roof and a seventy foot asymmetrical bell tower.

Tags:   Lindsay Ontario Canada Fire Hall Auto_Focus Auto Focus Level 1 Music to My Eyes

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from Lindsay & District Chamber of Commerce-Lindsay Walking Tour: The original section was completed in 1904 with a $13,500 grant from Andrew Carnegie. This library, which features classical detailing on the facade, is one of the few Carnegie structures with a multi-sided half rotunda at the rear. The interior still features the original wainscoting, elaborate cornice moldings and fireplaces.

Tags:   Lindsay Ontario Canada Public Library Level 1-Photography for Recreation Nice As It Gets-Level 1 Monde de la photo


15.2%