Located at 27 Mosley Street and built in 1883 to house the congregation of the Disciples of Christ. It was built in very simple Gothic Revival style, with a steeply pitched roof, painted-arch windows, modest buttresses supporting its side walls. It became a Health Hall after the trustees of the Aurora Public School bought the building in 1922. It became a library in 1945. It now functions as a meeting hall.
Tags: ontario Old City Canada Aurora Divine Captures
On May 16, 1853, Ontario Simcoe and Huron Railroad Company operated the first steam train from Toronto to Machell's Corners (Aurora). The steam locomotive was called 'Toronto', and was the first built in Ontario.