Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Snuffy / Sets / Cambridge, ON
22 items

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The knitting trade was established in Galt in 1859, and the Wardlaw Mill was located in the area from 1890 until 1897 when it was burned down. It was then replaced by the Turnbull Mill.

Tags:   Cambridge Ontario Canada The Mill Race Ruin Auto_Focus Auto Focus Level 1

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Tags:   Cambridge Ontario Canada Post Office **Heart Awards**

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Honourable William Dickson, one of the founders of Galt, donated the land on the right bank of the Grand River and Trinity Anglican Church was built on this site and consecrated in 1844.

Tags:   Cambridge Ontario Canada Trinity Anglican Church Places of Worship

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The church was built in 1863, and was known as First Presbyterian Church. In 1925, First Presbyterian Church was the only Presbyterian congregation in Galt to vote for union with the Methodist, Congregational and some Presbyterian churches to form the United Church of Canada, thereby becoming the First United Church.

Tags:   First United Church Places of Worship Cambridge Ontario Canada

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Old Town Hall was designed by architect H. B. Sinclair in Italianate style, and was meant to reflect Galt's rapid growth, prosperity and influence in the region. Construction began in May 1857, and completed in November 1858. Galt limestone was used for the base and trim, and split fieldstone was used on the upper floors. The bell was placed in the tower in 1863. The Jubilee Clock was placed in the tower in 1897 in honour of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.

Tags:   Cambridge Ontario Canada Old Town Hall Level 1 The Best of Day Music to My Eyes


22.7%