The town was founded in 1890 to serve as a rail link between Ottawa and Georgian Bay. In 1928, the Canadian National Railway discontinued the service. The last blow came in 1945 when the supply of cordite exploded and destroyed most of the town. The town was then abandoned.
Tags: ontario Canada Depot Harbour Top 150 Unusual Things to See in Ontario