Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Snuffy / Sets / Exhibition Place, Toronto, ON
21 items

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

It was presented to the people of Canada by the Imperial Potentate on June 12, 1930 on behalf of the members of the Ancient Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine to commemorate the peaceful relationship between the United States and Canada for more than a century. The surrounding garden and fountain were officially opened on August 20, 1958.

Tags:   Toronto Ontario Canada Exhibition Place CNE Divine Captures Shrine Peace Memorial Canadian National Exhibition

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Built in 1912 for the Fire Department and the Police during the annual CNE. In 1992, the 14th division of the Metropolitan Police permanently moved into the building.

Tags:   toronto Ontario Canada Exhibition Place CNE Auto_Focus Auto Focus Level 1 Fire Station 346 Canadian National Exhibition

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Excerpt from Wikipedia:

Fort Rouillé and Fort Toronto were French trading posts located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Fort Rouillé was named for Antoine Louis Rouillé, who at the time of its establishment around 1750 was Secretary of State for the Navy in the administration of Louis XV. It served as a trading post with the local indigenous peoples.

The fort was abandoned in 1759 due to the turbulence of the Seven Years' War. The remains of the fort were demolished in the 19th century. The fort site is now part of the public lands of Exhibition Place. It is marked by an obelisk, the outline of the fort marked in concrete and several cannon.

Tags:   Fort Rouillé Exhibition Place Toronto Ontario Canada

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

It was formerly the Government Building when it was built in 1912, and later as Arts, Crafts and Hobbies Building.

Tags:   toronto Ontario Canada Exhibition Place CNE Medieval Times Canadian National Exhibition Level 1-Photography for Recreation **Heart Awards** Level-1:Peace Awards

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The British army established a military post here between 1840 and 1841 to replace Fort York not too far away, and called it New Fort. It was renamed Stanley Barracks in 1893. It was used by the Canadian Forces until 1947. These Officers' Quarters are the only remaining buildings left.

Tags:   Stanley Barracks Exhibition Place Toronto Ontario Canada New Fort FlickrsTrueReflection_1


23.8%