Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Snuffy / Sets / Declared Monuments of Hong Kong 香港法定古蹟
115 items

N 1 B 977 C 6 E Oct 2, 2005 F Oct 2, 2005
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Wan Chau, Yuen Long. It was originally built in 1718 for Hung Shing and Che Kung. The present building was erected in 1811. The building is a two-hall structure with an open courtyard in between.

Tags:   hongkong Church Places of Worship Declared Monuments Heritage Buildings Yuen Long New Territories Temples Music to My Eyes

N 1 B 1.2K C 8 E Sep 19, 2004 F May 1, 2005
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Used to house the Supreme Court of Hong Kong. It was built on the reclaimed land using Chinese fir-tree piles as foundations. It is neo-classical in style supported by tall Ionic columns. The building has a pediment in the centre portion which is surmounted by a blind-folded statue of Justice, represented by the Greek goddess Themis.

Tags:   hongkong 5PhotosaDay Declared Monuments Heritage Buildings Central Remember That Moment Remember That Moment Level 1

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

On Ping Shan Heritage Trail. It was built about 700 years ago with two-courts and three-halls style. The wooden brackets and beams of the three halls are decorated with Shiwan dragon fish and pottery unicorns.

鄧氏宗祠是七百年前用三進兩院形式建成的祠堂。在木樑上有石灣陶瓷的龍魚及麒麟。

Tags:   hongkong Church Places of Worship Yuen Long New Territories Heritage Buildings Declared Monuments World Trekker NiceShot

N 2 B 726 C 3 E Sep 14, 2007 F Jan 22, 2006
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Fan Lau Fort was believed to be built in 1729, with length of 46 metres and width of 21 metres. The walls were built with granite and green tiles, and the fort was occupied by pirates until 1810 when it was taken over by the government again. It ceased operation in 1898 when the New Territories was leased to the British.

分流炮台相信是建於一七二九年,長四十六米,寬二十一米。城牆是用花崗石及青瓦造成。炮台被海盜佔領直到政府在一八一零年接管為上。最後炮台在一八九八年,於新界租借給英國後停用。

Tags:   hongkong Declared Monuments Heritage Lantau Island

N 1 B 782 C 6 E Sep 19, 2005 F Oct 24, 2005
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Situated in Ho Sheung Heung in Sheung Shui, it was built in 1762 to commemorate the 17th generation ancester Hau Ku-shek. Three hall two courtyard in style, an alter was erected in the middle hall, and the right chamber was used as a kitchen. The two-storey rear hall was once used as a village school. The lower floor provided accommodation for the teacher, and the upper floor was used as classrooms.

Tags:   hongkong Declared Monuments Heritage Buildings Temples Sheung Shui New Territories World Trekker FlickrsTrueReflection_1


4.3%