Named after Princes Edward and Albert, and was built to celebrate Canada's 60th anniversary of Confederation. It was opened by the princes on August 31, 1927. The statue at the top of the arch is the Goddess of Winged Victory which holds a single maple leaf in her hand. The goddess was replaced in 1987 by a glass-reinforced polymer plastic copy when the original one was found to be seriously deteriorated. There are nine pillars to either side of the main arch, representing the nine Canadian provinces in existence at the time of construction.