Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Paul Anthony Moore / Sets / Ospringe, Kent
Paul Anthony Moore / 21 items

N 0 B 179 C 1 E Aug 29, 2010 F Aug 29, 2010
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

The cellar ceiling.

The Maison-Dieu (House of God) in Ospringe (near Faversham) was founded in 1235 by King Henry III and was run by the Knights Templar. It had a " Camera Regis" for the King's use when he was going to France by way of Dover. With the dissolution of monasteries (Henry VIII, 1516), it was given to St. John's-College, Cambridge. Countless crowned heads, English and European, stayed here overnight on their way to or from London and Dover.

N 0 B 867 C 5 E Dec 5, 2010 F Dec 5, 2010
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

15th century Queen Court was once the property of successive Queens of England.

It was purchased by the Faversham brewers Shepherd Neame in 1944 to ensure a good supply of hops to the brewery, and continued to do so until 1982. In the 1990s, Shepherd Neame withdrew from the farm and the land was leased out.

N 1 B 320 C 4 E Aug 29, 2010 F Aug 29, 2010
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Great Hall (now used to display Roman artefacts found in the area).

This image comprises two photos stitched with Hugin.

The Maison-Dieu (House of God) in Ospringe (near Faversham) was founded in 1235 by King Henry III and was run by the Knights Templar. It had a " Camera Regis" for the King's use when he was going to France by way of Dover. With the dissolution of monasteries (Henry VIII, 1516), it was given to St. John's-College, Cambridge. Countless crowned heads, English and European, stayed here overnight on their way to or from London and Dover.

N 0 B 169 C 0 E Aug 29, 2010 F Aug 29, 2010
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

Two windows high up in the cellar.

The Maison-Dieu (House of God) in Ospringe (near Faversham) was founded in 1235 by King Henry III and was run by the Knights Templar. It had a " Camera Regis" for the King's use when he was going to France by way of Dover. With the dissolution of monasteries (Henry VIII, 1516), it was given to St. John's-College, Cambridge. Countless crowned heads, English and European, stayed here overnight on their way to or from London and Dover.

N 0 B 434 C 4 E Aug 29, 2010 F Aug 29, 2010
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

The kitchen. Note the stone floor and beautiful original ceiling (see other photo).

This image comprises two photos stitched with Hugin.

The Maison-Dieu (House of God) in Ospringe (near Faversham) was founded in 1235 by King Henry III and was run by the Knights Templar. It had a " Camera Regis" for the King's use when he was going to France by way of Dover. With the dissolution of monasteries (Henry VIII, 1516), it was given to St. John's-College, Cambridge. Countless crowned heads, English and European, stayed here overnight on their way to or from London and Dover.


23.8%