The Frielingsmühle was built by Louis Frieling in 1882. It is located on the outskirts of Sehnde near Hannover and is also known locally as the Spring Mill. In 1898, in order to be less dependent on the wind, Frieling installed a gristmill with an electric drive in his barn next to the mill. His son took over the business in 1918, had the mill converted to gas engine operation, and removed the sails. Later, the mill was operated with a diesel engine. Because the Frielingsmühle not only produced flour but also animal feed, the business flourished for some time. The mill ceased operations in 1950 as part of the mill shutdown law. After years of neglect, it was converted into a house in the 1970s and given dummy sails.