Stow-on-the-Wold is a Cotswold town in the heart of England. The word Cotswold is in fact two words, 'cots' meaning a sheep's shelter and 'wold' meaning gently rolling hills. Stow-on-the-Wold is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful towns in this area and exhibits all the old fashioned qualities of a quintessentially English town.
St Edwards Church dates back to at least the 1100s, and the recorded existence of a priest in the town in 1086 indicates that it probably dates back to that time.
The majority of the existing church was built in the late 1400s and early 1500s from money made in the wool trade.