Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Paul Anthony Moore / St Mary's church, Fordwich, Kent
Paul Anthony Moore / 10,204 items
Plaster tympanum from 1688 inscribed with the royal coat of arms of King William III and the ten commandments. The arms served to remind the congregation that the King was the temporal head of the church. At the time it was made, the tympanum occupied the space in the upper part of the 14th century arch. It was later moved to its present location directly above the arch.
Popularity
  • Views: 153
  • Comments: 1
  • Favorites: 0
Dates
  • Taken: Mar 11, 2011
  • Uploaded: Mar 11, 2011
  • Updated: Jan 14, 2015