St. Mildred's Church is the oldest pre-Norman conquest church still standing within the city walls of Canterbury and only a short distance from the ruins of Canterbury Castle.
The church dates back to the Saxon period (410 to 1066) but was badly damaged by fire in 1246, with the result that much of the current building is of 13th century construction.
Much earlier, though, are the large quoins of the south west corner of the church. These are re-used Roman stones. The majority of the windows are 14th century, while the north aisle was added in 1486.