The Gallery of Maps (Italian: Galleria delle carte geografiche) is a gallery located on the west side of the Belvedere Courtyard in the Vatican containing a series of painted topographical maps of Italy based on drawings by friar and geographer Ignazio Danti.
The gallery was commissioned in 1580 by Pope Gregory XIII as part of other artistic works commissioned by the Pope to decorate the Vatican. It took Danti three years (1580–1583) to complete the 40 panels of the 120 m long gallery.
Vatican Museums, Vatican City, Italy
Taken form one of the very first lookout point inside the park, very impressive landscape, but we didn't know yet, how many more beautiful arches awaiting for us inside))
Arches National Park, Moab, Grand County, Utah, United States