Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Michael Locke
Michael Locke / 36,433 items

N 6 B 174 C 0 E Jun 25, 2022 F Jun 25, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

The New Castle Court House is one of the oldest courthouses in the United States and has played a role in a number of historic events. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1972. The building is also a contributing property to a second National Historic Landmark, the New Castle Historic District. It is part of First State National Historical Park. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. Located at 211 Delaware Street in New Castle, Delaware.

Tags:   New Castle Court House National Register of Historic Places

N 6 B 171 C 0 E Jun 25, 2022 F Jun 25, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

Architects Hyrum Pope and Harold W. Burton designed the Laie Hawaii Temple in the Prairie style completed in 1919. The temple is said to evoke motifs of the Mesoamerican architectural style, a favorite theme of the architect. Located at 55-600 Naniloa Loop in Laie, Hawaii.

Tags:   Laie Hawaii Temple Hyrum Pope Harold W. Burton

N 4 B 72 C 0 E Jun 25, 2022 F Jun 25, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Mission San Juan Capistrano has the distinction of being the oldest building in California in continuous use, a chapel built in 1782. It is named for 15th Century theologian Giovanni da Capistrano, known as the "warrior priest" who resided in the Abruzzo region of Italy. The church was founded by the Franciscans on All Saints' Day November 1, 1776. Also known as "Serra's Chapel" or "Father Serra's Church," it is the only church documented where Fr. Junipero Serra celebrated mass.

Located at 26801 Ortega Highway in San Juan Capistrano, California. Please do not use this image in any media without my permission. © All rights reserved.

Tags:   Mission San Juan Capistrano

N 7 B 217 C 1 E Jun 24, 2022 F Jun 24, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Cunningham Cabin is a double-pen log cabin in Grand Teton National Park in the US state of Wyoming. It was built as a homestead in Jackson Hole and represents an adaptation of an Appalachian building form to the West. The cabin was built just south of Spread Creek by John Pierce Cunningham, who arrived in Jackson Hole in 1885 and subsisted as a trapper until he established the Bar Flying U Ranch in 1888. The Cunninghams left the valley for Idaho in 1928, when land was being acquired for the future Grand Teton National Park. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Located in Moose, Wyoming.

Tags:   Cunningham Cabin

N 7 B 222 C 0 E Jun 24, 2022 F Jun 24, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

Architect C.B. Loomis designed the rustic style Chapel of the Transfiguration in 1925. The style is also known as Western Craftsman; the chapel was built to serve guests and employees of the dude ranches that stretched north of Jackson along the base of the Teton Range, Located near Moose, Wyoming. The chapel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.

Tags:   National Register of Historic Places Moose, Wyoming


5 of 36,433