The earliest remaining homes in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles date from the year 1900. In fact there are less than 550 homes still standing that were built between 1900 and 1919. The following year there was an explosion of growth with 113 homes, at least that are still around. Most of the homes were designed in the Craftsman or California Bungalow style, and were situated in the vicinity of "Los Feliz Village", (the neighborhood directly south of Los Feliz Boulevard and north of Hollywood Boulevard) and the area designated as "Hollywood Grove", the neighborhhood east of Canyon Drive, west of Gramercy Place, and above Franklin Avenue.
A total of thirty-nine of the homes are located on Melbourne Avenue in Los Feliz Village, between the 4300 and 4600 block.