The 2-story John Grosse House was designed in 1905 by architect C.W. Buchanan in the Dutch Colonial Revival/Shingle Style, with characteristic gambrel roof and wood shingles. A foundation of Arroyo stone illustrates the architect's concern for integrating man-made elements with nature.
In addition to its use as a private residence, the building has also served as a home to the Visiting Nurses Association, the Pasadena Community Chest, and the Pasadena Playhouse Association. Located at 120 North Oakland Avenue on the campus of Fuller Theological Seminary.