The Mediterranean Revival Style building has special significance as the sole physical reminder of the Temperance and Women's Suffrage Movement in Los Angeles. Built in 1927 to replace an earlier home in nearby Highland Park, the WCTU Home for Women was a spacious building with accomodations for 100 guests. Later a convalescent hospital wing was added. With the passage of time, major earthquake and other safety refiting became necessary and the Home was closed and the building sold to GLAD, an agency for the deaf, in the early 1990's. There was talk of razing the building, but the Eagle Rock Association filed a successful application with the Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Commission to declare the building a historic monument. When GLAD purchased the property in 1994 (the agency's 25th anniversary), they set up offices in two single-story wings that had been added in the 1940s and 1960s and launched a fundraising campaign to renovate the building. After hosting a grand opening in September 1998.
Declared a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument in 1992 (No. 562). Located at 2235 Norwalk Avenue in Eagle Rock.