Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Photographer South Florida
photographersouthflorida@gmail.com / 10,633 items

N 73 B 245 C 2 E Jan 25, 2022 F Jan 25, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Mandarin Oriental, Miami is a unique urban resort located on the three-acre, exclusive island of Brickell Key. Providing lush open spaces and light sea breezes, the Five-star hotel and spa offers an ideal location within walking distance to the finest shopping, dining, and nightlife experiences in Miami while providing the ultimate tranquil oasis for an escape. All guestrooms and suites come equipped with private balconies from which guests can enjoy stunning views of Biscayne Bay or Brickell Skyline. The hotel also boasts high-energy Food & Beverage concepts with breathtaking views and alfresco options.

Credit for the data above is given to the following websites:
www.mandarinoriental.com/miami/brickell-key/luxury-hotel?...
www.emporis.com/buildings/122307/mandarin-oriental-miami-...

© All Rights Reserved - you may not use this image in any form without my prior permission.

Tags:   Mandarin Oriental Miami 500 Brickell Key Drive Florida USA Built: 2000 Hirsch Bedner Associates RTKL Associates Inc. Floors above ground 18 Floors below ground 6 Modernism cityscape city urban downtown skyline skyscraper building high-rise architecture central business district Miami-Dade County south Florida Biscayne Bay cosmopolitan metropolis metropolitan metro commercial property Sunshine State real estate tall building density commercial district commercial office hotel restaurant exposed structure concrete 30-foot ceiling Brickell Key balconies guestrooms suites urban resort Five-star hotel breathtaking views excusive island

N 182 B 1.0K C 6 E Jan 23, 2022 F Jan 23, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The David W. Dyer Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse, formerly known simply as the U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, is a historic United States Post Office and federal courthouse of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida located at 300 Northeast 1st Avenue in Miami, Florida. Completed in 1933 of limestone, it is the largest such structure in South Florida.

The building was listed in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1983. In 1997, it was renamed to honor David W. Dyer, a former Chief Judge of the Southern District who was appointed to the circuit court in 1966.

In 1926, a devastating hurricane decimated southern Florida, prompting Congress to appropriate more than $2 million for a new courthouse in Miami in 1928. The Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury selected the highly regarded architectural partnership of Phineas Paist and Harold D. Steward. In the 1920s, Paist had been one of the primary architects for developer George E. Merrick, for the Miami suburb of Coral Gables. Designing the building between 1930 and 1931, Paist and Steward blended classically inspired Renaissance Revival forms and design elements with Mediterranean ornamentation.

Paist and Steward developed two sets of plans, each to be built upon a poured concrete and steel structural frame, ensuring the new federal building would resist hurricane-force winds. The first was envisioned using imported marble and bronze, while the second was to use aluminum and local coralline limestone, a lithified coral quarried at Windley Key near Key Largo and called Keystone. The government opted to clad the building in Keystone, reasoning that local materials added to the regional appeal of the building. Construction commenced in 1931 and the opening ceremony was held on July 1, 1933. It remains the most monumental Keystone structure in South Florida.

When it opened, the building housed all Miami-area federal agencies with the exception of the Weather Service. The U.S. Postal Service vacated the building in 1976. It was occupied by federal courts and various federal agencies until 2008. It is contained within Federal Courthouse Square, a two-block area that includes two other courthouses. On May 12, 2016, neighboring Miami Dade College signed a $1 a year, 115-year lease of the building for use as classrooms and lecture halls.

The building is an example of Mediterranean Revival architecture that combines Renaissance Revival elements with regional Florida architectural features. The building, which is faced in Keystone, is three stories in height, with the third story set above a widely projecting entablature on the north, east, and south elevations.

The facade, which has a slightly projecting central bay, faces east onto First Avenue and is dominated by a colonnade composed of regularly spaced engaged Corinthian columns supporting the classical entablature crowning the second story. Cast-aluminum casement window frames have embossed repeating chevron patterns. Spandrel panels depicting scenes from Florida's history are above the second story's arched windows.

The bays adjoining the colonnade feature paired Corinthian pilasters. Bas relief medallions containing classical figures in profile decorate lintels. The central parapet features a carved marble frieze incorporating a large eagle, flanked by a repeating motif of pelicans supporting heraldic shields. The entrances at the ends of the facade have surrounds of carved Floridene buff marble. The north and south elevations feature two-story Corinthian pilasters evoking the facade's colonnade. Ornate mascarons (carved faces) are found on the building's exterior.

The north and south elevations are dominated by central pavilions with bays separated by evenly spaced two-story engaged columns, placed singly and in pairs. An annex is attached to the west elevation. The building's shallow hipped roof is covered with terra-cotta tiles, typical of the Mediterranean Revival style.

Interior spaces are equally elaborate and incorporate eleven different types of marble. Entry vestibules with arched openings lead to the main lobby, where marble covers floors and forms wainscot. Marble pilasters have striking gilt capitals. An inset, multi-colored marble star pattern adorns the center of the floor. Original aluminum and glass chandeliers hang from the painted and gilt wood-and-plaster coffered ceiling. Marble postal tables retain original lamps and inset cast-brass grilles.

The double-height ceremonial District Courtroom is another significant space with well-preserved original details, including the carved wooden judge's bench, jury box, witness stand, and clerk's desk. Decorative details include fluted pilasters, rosettes, and carved plaques with floral rinceaux. At the walls, seven feet of paneled wood wainscot is located beneath scored plaster. Marble Ionic pilasters divide the window openings.

The mural Law Guides Florida Progress completed by artist Denman Fink in 1941 is located above the judge's bench and is flanked by two pairs of Ionic marble pilasters. The mural depicts the positive impact of justice guiding Florida's economic development. Fink included a likeness of himself as a draftsman and a likeness of architect Phineas E. Paist, with whom he worked in Coral Gables, as a chemist. The coffered ceiling features rosettes, stars, and shells.

Other significant artwork in the courthouse includes two striking cast-stone lunettes by Yugoslav-born American artist Alexander Sambugnac. Executed in 1938, the low-relief panels portray two allegorical figures representing themes of the spirit of justice and are placed on the lintels above the leather-covered doors. Love and Hope shows a young woman playing the lyre, while Wisdom and Courage depicts a seated figure gazing at a tablet of the law.

The interior brick courtyard admits light into the building while also providing a beautiful outdoor space commonly found in Florida architecture. A two-story loggia with a vaulted ceiling and columns surrounds the courtyard on three sides.

Keystone pilasters support arched lunette windows above the public lobby's paired French doors. Quoins (corner blocks) and Doric columns add decorative elements to the space. The courtyard's interior walls are unplastered brick, as are the exterior walls that face toward the courtyard from the north, east and south wings. The loggia's plaster walls and ceiling are ornamented with the multi-colored Frescoes in Courtyard, added by artist David Novros in 1984. An original postal marble writing table with an elaborate pedestal occupies the west side of the courtyard,

Credit for the data above is given to the following websites:
www.emporis.com/buildings/332633/dyer-federal-building-an...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_W._Dyer_Federal_Building_and_...

© All Rights Reserved - you may not use this image in any form without my prior permission.

Tags:   David W. Dyer Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse 300 Northeast First Avenue Miami Florida USA Built: 1933 Paist & Steward Floors: 3 Height: 34.39 ft Added to NRHP: October 14 1983 Mediterranean Revival architecture central business district Miami-Dade County south Florida cosmopolitan metropolis metropolitan metro commercial property Sunshine State real estate old building density commercial district commercial office old Florida historic Florida Magic City 305 MIA Mission/Spanish Revival Neo-Classicism U.S. Post Office and Courthouse historic United States Post Office and federal courthouse of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida limestone National Register of Historic Places George E Merrick the most monumental Keystone structure in South Florida housed federal agencies Cast-aluminum casement window frames Spandrel panels depicting scenes from Florida's history are above the second story's arched windows bays adjoining the colonnade feature paired Corinthian pilasters central parapet features a carved marble frieze incorporating a large eagle flanked by a repeating motif of pelicans supporting heraldic shields Ornate mascarons are found on the building's exterior The north and south elevations are dominated by central pavilions with bays separated by evenly spaced two-story engaged columns building's shallow hipped roof is covered with terra-cotta tiles typical of the Mediterranean Revival style marble covers floors aluminum and glass chandeliers hang from the painted and gilt wood-and-plaster coffered ceiling double-height ceremonial District Courtroom The mural Law Guides Florida Progress Denman Fink Phineas E Paist Alexander Sambugnac interior brick courtyard David Novros An original postal marble writing table with an elaborate pedestal occupies the west side of the courtyard balcony ornate door

N 194 B 1.1K C 6 E Jan 23, 2022 F Jan 23, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The David W. Dyer Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse, formerly known simply as the U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, is a historic United States Post Office and federal courthouse of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida located at 300 Northeast 1st Avenue in Miami, Florida. Completed in 1933 of limestone, it is the largest such structure in South Florida.

The building was listed in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1983. In 1997, it was renamed to honor David W. Dyer, a former Chief Judge of the Southern District who was appointed to the circuit court in 1966.

In 1926, a devastating hurricane decimated southern Florida, prompting Congress to appropriate more than $2 million for a new courthouse in Miami in 1928. The Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury selected the highly regarded architectural partnership of Phineas Paist and Harold D. Steward. In the 1920s, Paist had been one of the primary architects for developer George E. Merrick, for the Miami suburb of Coral Gables. Designing the building between 1930 and 1931, Paist and Steward blended classically inspired Renaissance Revival forms and design elements with Mediterranean ornamentation.

Paist and Steward developed two sets of plans, each to be built upon a poured concrete and steel structural frame, ensuring the new federal building would resist hurricane-force winds. The first was envisioned using imported marble and bronze, while the second was to use aluminum and local coralline limestone, a lithified coral quarried at Windley Key near Key Largo and called Keystone. The government opted to clad the building in Keystone, reasoning that local materials added to the regional appeal of the building. Construction commenced in 1931 and the opening ceremony was held on July 1, 1933. It remains the most monumental Keystone structure in South Florida.

When it opened, the building housed all Miami-area federal agencies with the exception of the Weather Service. The U.S. Postal Service vacated the building in 1976. It was occupied by federal courts and various federal agencies until 2008. It is contained within Federal Courthouse Square, a two-block area that includes two other courthouses. On May 12, 2016, neighboring Miami Dade College signed a $1 a year, 115-year lease of the building for use as classrooms and lecture halls.

The building is an example of Mediterranean Revival architecture that combines Renaissance Revival elements with regional Florida architectural features. The building, which is faced in Keystone, is three stories in height, with the third story set above a widely projecting entablature on the north, east, and south elevations.

The facade, which has a slightly projecting central bay, faces east onto First Avenue and is dominated by a colonnade composed of regularly spaced engaged Corinthian columns supporting the classical entablature crowning the second story. Cast-aluminum casement window frames have embossed repeating chevron patterns. Spandrel panels depicting scenes from Florida's history are above the second story's arched windows.

The bays adjoining the colonnade feature paired Corinthian pilasters. Bas relief medallions containing classical figures in profile decorate lintels. The central parapet features a carved marble frieze incorporating a large eagle, flanked by a repeating motif of pelicans supporting heraldic shields. The entrances at the ends of the facade have surrounds of carved Floridene buff marble. The north and south elevations feature two-story Corinthian pilasters evoking the facade's colonnade. Ornate mascarons (carved faces) are found on the building's exterior.

The north and south elevations are dominated by central pavilions with bays separated by evenly spaced two-story engaged columns, placed singly and in pairs. An annex is attached to the west elevation. The building's shallow hipped roof is covered with terra-cotta tiles, typical of the Mediterranean Revival style.

Interior spaces are equally elaborate and incorporate eleven different types of marble. Entry vestibules with arched openings lead to the main lobby, where marble covers floors and forms wainscot. Marble pilasters have striking gilt capitals. An inset, multi-colored marble star pattern adorns the center of the floor. Original aluminum and glass chandeliers hang from the painted and gilt wood-and-plaster coffered ceiling. Marble postal tables retain original lamps and inset cast-brass grilles.

The double-height ceremonial District Courtroom is another significant space with well-preserved original details, including the carved wooden judge's bench, jury box, witness stand, and clerk's desk. Decorative details include fluted pilasters, rosettes, and carved plaques with floral rinceaux. At the walls, seven feet of paneled wood wainscot is located beneath scored plaster. Marble Ionic pilasters divide the window openings.

The mural Law Guides Florida Progress completed by artist Denman Fink in 1941 is located above the judge's bench and is flanked by two pairs of Ionic marble pilasters. The mural depicts the positive impact of justice guiding Florida's economic development. Fink included a likeness of himself as a draftsman and a likeness of architect Phineas E. Paist, with whom he worked in Coral Gables, as a chemist. The coffered ceiling features rosettes, stars, and shells.

Other significant artwork in the courthouse includes two striking cast-stone lunettes by Yugoslav-born American artist Alexander Sambugnac. Executed in 1938, the low-relief panels portray two allegorical figures representing themes of the spirit of justice and are placed on the lintels above the leather-covered doors. Love and Hope shows a young woman playing the lyre, while Wisdom and Courage depicts a seated figure gazing at a tablet of the law.

The interior brick courtyard admits light into the building while also providing a beautiful outdoor space commonly found in Florida architecture. A two-story loggia with a vaulted ceiling and columns surrounds the courtyard on three sides.

Keystone pilasters support arched lunette windows above the public lobby's paired French doors. Quoins (corner blocks) and Doric columns add decorative elements to the space. The courtyard's interior walls are unplastered brick, as are the exterior walls that face toward the courtyard from the north, east and south wings. The loggia's plaster walls and ceiling are ornamented with the multi-colored Frescoes in Courtyard, added by artist David Novros in 1984. An original postal marble writing table with an elaborate pedestal occupies the west side of the courtyard,

Credit for the data above is given to the following websites:
www.emporis.com/buildings/332633/dyer-federal-building-an...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_W._Dyer_Federal_Building_and_...

© All Rights Reserved - you may not use this image in any form without my prior permission.

Tags:   David W. Dyer Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse 300 Northeast First Avenue Miami Florida Paist & Steward Floors: 3 Height: 34.39 ft Added to NRHP: October 14 1983 Mediterranean Revival architecture central business district Miami-Dade County south Florida cosmopolitan metropolis metropolitan metro commercial property Sunshine State real estate old building density commercial district commercial office old Florida historic Florida Magic City 305 MIA Mission/Spanish Revival Neo-Classicism U.S. Post Office and Courthouse historic United States Post Office and federal courthouse of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida limestone National Register of Historic Places George E Merrick the most monumental Keystone structure in South Florida housed federal agencies Cast-aluminum casement window frames Spandrel panels depicting scenes from Florida's history are above the second story's arched windows bays adjoining the colonnade feature paired Corinthian pilasters central parapet features a carved marble frieze incorporating a large eagle flanked by a repeating motif of pelicans supporting heraldic shields Ornate mascarons are found on the building's exterior The north and south elevations are dominated by central pavilions with bays separated by evenly spaced two-story engaged columns building's shallow hipped roof is covered with terra-cotta tiles typical of the Mediterranean Revival style marble covers floors aluminum and glass chandeliers hang from the painted and gilt wood-and-plaster coffered ceiling double-height ceremonial District Courtroom The mural Law Guides Florida Progress Denman Fink Phineas E Paist Alexander Sambugnac interior brick courtyard David Novros An original postal marble writing table with an elaborate pedestal occupies the west side of the courtyard balcony ornate door Built: 1933 USA

N 142 B 973 C 2 E Jan 23, 2022 F Jan 23, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

For many years, the Miami-Dade County Courthouse, at an elevation of 360 feet, was reputed to be the tallest building south of Baltimore.

It was the County's first high-rise and is in the National Register of Historic Places. Efforts to refurbish this magnificent structure and restore it to its original grandeur have been underway since 1981 by Architect James W. Piersol, AIA of M.C Harry Associates Architects of Miami.

The restoration and renovations initially stabilized the terra cotta facade and installed new life safety systems. In 1982, the idea of restoring the lobby to its original distinction was the passion of both Architect James Piersol and engineer Don Youatt, of the Miami-Dade Planning and Development Department. With a little less than half of the funding necessary for the lobby restoration project in hand ($300,000 grant approved by the Legislature in 1996), the Dade County Bar Association acted as the fund-raising umbrella and initiate a drive to raise the remainder needed from lawyers and the general public. A few years later, the same team restored Courtroom 6-1, which had been the site of many infamous trials over the years.

Today, the Miami-Dade County Courthouse provides offices, chambers, and courtrooms for the clerks and judiciary assigned to both the Circuit and County Civil Court and the Family Court.

When county government was established following the Civil War, public records were so sparse they could be carried in a carpetbag and most probably were. Therefore, the "courthouse" was wherever the county's chief office holder decided to do business.

In 1890, Dade County's first courthouse stood in the town of Juno, Florida some ten miles north of West Palm Beach. At that time, Dade County covered more territory than it does today, stretching from Bahia Honda Key, in the middle Keys, up to the St. Lucie River, near present-day Port St. Lucie.
Juno was chosen as the "county seat" because of its strategic location at the southern terminus of the Jupiter-Juno railroad. Juno also held the northern terminus of the boat and connecting the stagecoach line to Miami. The courthouse remained in Juno (now no longer in existence) until 1899 when it was moved to Miami down the inland waterway on a barge and was placed on the banks of the Miami River, east of the old Miami Avenue bridge.

The building was two-story wooden frame construction, housing offices and jail cells on the ground floor and a courtroom on the second floor. It has a Neoclassical design, in 1904 this building was replaced by a new courthouse building situated on Flagler Street (then known as Twelfth Street). It was a magnificent building constructed of limestone, having an elegant red-domed top, at the cost of $47,000. It was anticipated that this courthouse would serve the city for at least fifty years; however, no one was prepared for the rapid growth Miami experienced during this period, and by 1924, only twenty years later, there was serious talk of the need for a larger courthouse.

In the early 1920s, architect A. Ten Eyck Brown entered a design competition for Atlanta City Hall, which was rejected. He then made the plans available to Dade County, and City and County officials readily approved them. It was decided by the officials to build the new courthouse at the same location as the existing one on Flagler Street. Construction began in 1925, with workers erecting the new building around the existing structure, which was then dismantled. Community leaders and citizens alike voiced excitement over the new 28 stories "skyscraper" that would soon dominate the skyline.
Unexpectedly, construction was halted when the building reached ten stories. It was discovered that the "high-rise" was sinking into the spongy ground. Engineers consulted with an architect from Mexico City, who had encountered a similar problem while building the city's opera house. The consultant determined that the foundation pilings were not set deep enough. To correct the problem, cement supports were poured, which take up much of the space in the building's basement file room even to this day.

The courthouse was finally completed in 1928 at the cost of $4 million (USD 2013 $54.5 million). Initially, it served as both the Dade County Courthouse and the Miami City Hall. Jail cells occupied the top nine floors because these heights offered "maximum security" and were considered escape-proof. In 1934, a prisoner housed on the twenty-first floor picked the lock of his jail cell window and used a fire hose to lower himself to freedom. In the years following, more than 70 prisoners escaped from this so-called "secure" prison.

Credit for the data above is given to the following websites:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami-Dade_County_Courthouse
www.emporis.com/buildings/122294/miami-dade-county-courth...

© All Rights Reserved - you may not use this image in any form without my prior permission.

Tags:   Miami-Dade County Courthouse 73 West Flagler Street Miami Florida USA A Ten Eyck Brown August Geiger Completed: 1928. Floors: 28 Height: 360 ft Granite Terra-Cotta Neo-Classicism MIA National Register of Historic Place building skyscraper high-rise government building old building architecture 305 South Florida Miami-Dade County Magic City public building courthouse urban downtown city cityscape real estate commercial property historical historic building old Florida historic Florida Sunshine State columns

N 127 B 988 C 0 E Jan 23, 2022 F Jan 23, 2022
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

For many years, the Miami-Dade County Courthouse, at an elevation of 360 feet, was reputed to be the tallest building south of Baltimore.

It was the County's first high-rise and is in the National Register of Historic Places. Efforts to refurbish this magnificent structure and restore it to its original grandeur have been underway since 1981 by Architect James W. Piersol, AIA of M.C Harry Associates Architects of Miami.

The restoration and renovations initially stabilized the terra cotta facade and installed new life safety systems. In 1982, the idea of restoring the lobby to its original distinction was the passion of both Architect James Piersol and engineer Don Youatt, of the Miami-Dade Planning and Development Department. With a little less than half of the funding necessary for the lobby restoration project in hand ($300,000 grant approved by the Legislature in 1996), the Dade County Bar Association acted as the fund-raising umbrella and initiate a drive to raise the remainder needed from lawyers and the general public. A few years later, the same team restored Courtroom 6-1, which had been the site of many infamous trials over the years.

Today, the Miami-Dade County Courthouse provides offices, chambers, and courtrooms for the clerks and judiciary assigned to both the Circuit and County Civil Court and the Family Court.

When county government was established following the Civil War, public records were so sparse they could be carried in a carpetbag and most probably were. Therefore, the "courthouse" was wherever the county's chief office holder decided to do business.

In 1890, Dade County's first courthouse stood in the town of Juno, Florida some ten miles north of West Palm Beach. At that time, Dade County covered more territory than it does today, stretching from Bahia Honda Key, in the middle Keys, up to the St. Lucie River, near present-day Port St. Lucie.
Juno was chosen as the "county seat" because of its strategic location at the southern terminus of the Jupiter-Juno railroad. Juno also held the northern terminus of the boat and connecting the stagecoach line to Miami. The courthouse remained in Juno (now no longer in existence) until 1899 when it was moved to Miami down the inland waterway on a barge and was placed on the banks of the Miami River, east of the old Miami Avenue bridge.

The building was two-story wooden frame construction, housing offices and jail cells on the ground floor and a courtroom on the second floor. It has a Neoclassical design, in 1904 this building was replaced by a new courthouse building situated on Flagler Street (then known as Twelfth Street). It was a magnificent building constructed of limestone, having an elegant red-domed top, at the cost of $47,000. It was anticipated that this courthouse would serve the city for at least fifty years; however, no one was prepared for the rapid growth Miami experienced during this period, and by 1924, only twenty years later, there was serious talk of the need for a larger courthouse.

In the early 1920s, architect A. Ten Eyck Brown entered a design competition for Atlanta City Hall, which was rejected. He then made the plans available to Dade County, and City and County officials readily approved them. It was decided by the officials to build the new courthouse at the same location as the existing one on Flagler Street. Construction began in 1925, with workers erecting the new building around the existing structure, which was then dismantled. Community leaders and citizens alike voiced excitement over the new 28 stories "skyscraper" that would soon dominate the skyline.
Unexpectedly, construction was halted when the building reached ten stories. It was discovered that the "high-rise" was sinking into the spongy ground. Engineers consulted with an architect from Mexico City, who had encountered a similar problem while building the city's opera house. The consultant determined that the foundation pilings were not set deep enough. To correct the problem, cement supports were poured, which take up much of the space in the building's basement file room even to this day.

The courthouse was finally completed in 1928 at the cost of $4 million (USD 2013 $54.5 million). Initially, it served as both the Dade County Courthouse and the Miami City Hall. Jail cells occupied the top nine floors because these heights offered "maximum security" and were considered escape-proof. In 1934, a prisoner housed on the twenty-first floor picked the lock of his jail cell window and used a fire hose to lower himself to freedom. In the years following, more than 70 prisoners escaped from this so-called "secure" prison.

Credit for the data above is given to the following websites:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami-Dade_County_Courthouse
www.emporis.com/buildings/122294/miami-dade-county-courth...

© All Rights Reserved - you may not use this image in any form without my prior permission.

Tags:   Miami-Dade County Courthouse 73 West Flagler Street Miami Florida USA A Ten Eyck Brown August Geiger Completed: 1928. Floors: 28 Height: 360 ft Granite Terra-Cotta Neo-Classicism MIA National Register of Historic Place building skyscraper high-rise government building old building architecture 305 South Florida Miami-Dade County Magic City public building courthouse urban downtown city cityscape real estate commercial property historical historic building old Florida historic Florida Sunshine State stairs columns urban trees


5 of 10,633