Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Marcial Bernabéu
4,493 items

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Irlanda - Parque Nacional de Killarney - Bosque

killarney.ie

ENGLISH:

Killarney National Park (Irish: Páirc Náisiúnta Chill Airne), near the town of Killarney, County Kerry, was the first national park in Ireland, created when Muckross Estate was donated to the Irish Free State in 1932. The park has since been substantially expanded and encompasses over 102.89 km2 (25,425 acres) of diverse ecology, including the Lakes of Killarney, oak and yew woodlands of international importance, and mountain peaks. It has the only red deer herd on mainland Ireland and the most extensive covering of native forest remaining in Ireland. The park is of high ecological value because of the quality, diversity, and extensiveness of many of its habitats and the wide variety of species that they accommodate, some of which are rare. The park was designated a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in 1981. The park forms part of a Special Area of Conservation.

Killarney possesses the most extensive area (approximately 120 square kilometres (30,000 acres)) of semi-natural native woodland (woodland dominated by indigenous species) remaining in Ireland. Most of this woodland is encompassed by the national park. There are three main types of woodland in the park: acidophilous oak woodland (Quercus petraea-Ilex aquifolium) on Devonian sandstone; moss-rich yew woodland (Taxus baccata) on Carboniferous limestone outcrops; and wet woodland (also called carr) dominated by alder on low-lying swampy limestone soils on the lake edges. The woods in the park fall naturally into two sectors, along the geologic divide. The oak and yew woodlands are of international importance.

Mixed woodland and conifer plantations also occur in the park. The mixed woodland on Ross Island has one of the richest herb layers in the park's woods.

Grazing and rhododendron invasion threaten the park's woodlands. Rhododendrons affect approximately two-thirds of the oak woodlands. A rhododendron removal programme is under way in the park. The yew woodlands have been negatively affected by heavy grazing for many years.

*******************************************************************************

ESPAÑOL:

Killarney National Park (en irlandés: Páirc Náisiúnta Chill Airne) está situado junto a la localidad de Killarney, Condado de Kerry (Irlanda). Fue el primer parque nacional establecido en Irlanda, creado cuando la casa Muckross fue donada al estado irlandés en 1932. El parque ha sido desde entonces expandido sustancialmente y engloba más de 102,89 km2 de ecología diversa, incluyendo los lagos de Killarney, bosques de roble y tejo de importancia internacional,​ y picos de montañas.​ Tiene manadas de ciervos rojos, las únicas que pueden encontrarse en Irlanda, y el más extenso bosque nativo restante en Irlanda.​ El parque tiene un alto valor ecológico por su calidad, diversidad, y su extensión de muchos de sus hábitats y la gran variedad de especie que contienen, alguna de las cuales son raras. El parque fue designado una Reserva Mundial de la Biosfera por la UNESCO en 1981.​ El parque es también conocido por su bello paisaje. El parque está dirigido por National Parks and Wildlife Service.

Tags:   Marcial Bernabeu Bernabéu Ireland Irlanda Irish Killarney National Park Parque Nacional Nature Naturaleza Woodland Bosque Green Verde Marc

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Irlanda - Bantry - Bantry House

www.bantryhouse.com/

ENGLISH:

Bantry House is a historic house with gardens in Bantry, County Cork, Ireland. Bantry House (originally called 'Blackrock') was constructed in about 1700 on the South side of Bantry Bay. In 1750, Councillor Richard White bought Blackrock from Samuel Hutchinson and changed the name to Seafield. The Whites had settled on Whiddy Island across the Bay in the late 17th century, after having originally been merchants in Limerick. The family prospered and considerable purchases of land were made in the area surrounding the house. By the 1780s, Bantry House comprised some 80,000 acres (320 km²) (though much of this would not be arable).

The gardens to Bantry House were developed by the second Earl of Bantry and his wife Mary. Inspiration was taken from their travels across Europe. The gardens contain seven terraces; the house is located on the third. One hundred steps are located behind the house and are built to appear to rise out of a fountain and are surrounded by azaleas and rhododendron. The gardens are constantly tended and maintained.

During the aborted invasion of 1796, part of the Irish Rebellion of 1798, Bantry House was used for the storage of munitions by the defenders.

In 1796, Theobald Wolfe Tone and the United Irishmen attempted to land a formidable French armada, commanded by Admiral Hoche, in Bantry Bay. It was intended to expel the British and establish an Irish Republic. The armada consisted of 50 naval warships and 15,000 men. Richard White, having heard about the invasion had trained a militia to oppose the landing as he and his tenants were loyal to the British crown. Munitions were stored in Bantry House for safe keeping. Look outs were posted on Both Mizen Head and Sheep's Head to send warning of an invasion. In the end the French armada never had a chance of landing. The weather was too severe, and even ship to ship communication was too difficult. 10 ships were lost. One of these the 'Surveillante' remained on the bottom of Bantry Bay for almost 200 years.

The ship was discovered in 1982. In 1985 it was declared a national monument and work began on the excavation, preservation and exhibition of the ship and its contents. The Armada Centre showcased the story of the attempted French landing in West Cork and contained excavated from the wreck in Bantry Bay as well as a 1 to 6 scale model of 'The Surveillante'. The centre also tells the story of Theobald Wolfe Tone, with extracts from his log and a life-size statue. Visitors could also enjoy the individual sound tour of the Armada Centre.

The house has been open to tourism since 1946. Since about 1990 it has offered bed and breakfast accommodation.

By 1997 the grounds of Bantry House were suffering from neglect in certain places. A European grant was obtained to start the restoration process. Funding ceased in 2000. The restoration work is still ongoing.

*******************************************************************************

ESPAÑOL:

Bantry House1 es una mansión histórica con jardines situada en Bantry, condaco de Cork, Irlanda. La mansión es propiedad de la familia White, condes de Bantry desde 1739.

Alrededor del año 1700 se inició la construcción de la mansión en el lado sur de la Bahía de Bantry, denominándose en un principio Blackrock. En 1750 Richard White compró la mansión a Samuel Hutchinson cambiándole el nombre a Seafield. La familia White se estableció al principio en las islas Whiddy situadas en la bahía siendo provenientes de Limerick en dónde eran comerciantes. La familia prosperó y adquirió numerosas tierras en la zona. En la década de 1780 la mansión Bantry ocupaba 320 km2. La fachada norte se añadió al conjunto más tarde.

Los jardines fueron diseñados por el segundo conde de Bantry y su esposa Mary. Se inspiraron en sus numerosos viajes a lo largo de Europa. Los jardines contienen siente terrazas en total estando localidad la casa en la tercera terraza. La famosa escalera de 100 peldaños (o escalera al cielo) está localizada detrás de la casa partiendo del jardín italiano.

Entre los jardines cabe destacar el jardín italiano, inspirado en un viaje a Italia y más concretamente en los jardines Boboli en Florencia. Este jardín posee un estanque central con una fuente realiza da sobre 1850.

Otro jardín es el denominado jardín de las rosas, plantado en el siglo XVIII.

El centro de la armada francesa está situado en las caballerizas de la mansión. En esta mansión se recrea la frustrada invasión de Theobald Wolfe Tone y de las tropas armadas que comandaba para unirse a las tropas francesas encabezadas por el almirante Hoche. El ejército estaba compuesto por cincuenta barcos de guerra 15.000 hombres. El contingente no pudo desembarcar por el mal tiempo tuvo que regresar tras perder diez barcos.

Uno de los barcos hundidos (el "Surveillante") fue descubierto en 1982. En 1985 fue declarado Monumento Nacional y comenzaron los trabajos de excavación, preservación, restauración y exhibición del barco y sus contenidos. El centro muestra la historia del intento de desembarco francés en la bahía de Bantry.

En 1946 Bantry House fue abierta al público y desde principios de la década de 1990 ofrece servicio de hotel.

Tags:   Marcial Bernabeu Bernabéu Irlanda Ireland Bantry House Mansion Mansión Gardens Jardines Facade Building Old Architecture Fachada Monochrome Monocromo B&W Black White Blanco Negro Blanco y Negro Black and White Monocromático Black & White Marc

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Reino Unido de Gran Bretaña -
Irlanda del Norte - Belfast


SIMPLE MINDS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhhTvcLoRw

BONEY M:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ODbFM5RLo

Tags:   Marcial Bernabeu Bernabéu Northern Ireland Northern Ireland UK United Kingdom Great Britain United Kingdom Great Britain Belfast City Monochrome Monocromo Ciudad Gran Bretaña Reino Unido Irlanda Norte Building Edificio Architecture Arquitectura Irish Irlandes Irlandés B&W Black White Blanco Negro Blanco y Negro Black and White Monocromático Black & White Marc

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Dinamarca - Copenhague - Palacio de Christiansborg (Salas Reales)

***

ENGLISH

www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/christiansborg-palace-...

Christiansborg Palace (Danish: Christiansborg Slot) is a palace and government building on the islet of Slotsholmen in central Copenhagen, Denmark. It is the seat of the Danish Parliament (Folketinget), the Danish Prime Minister's Office and the Supreme Court of Denmark. Also, several parts of the palace are used by the Danish monarch, including the Royal Reception Rooms, the Palace Chapel and the Royal Stables.

The palace is thus home to the three supreme powers: the executive power, the legislative power, and the judicial power. It is the only building in the world that houses all three of a country's branches of government. The name Christiansborg is thus also frequently used as a metonym for the Danish political system, and colloquially it is often referred to as Rigsborgen (English: castle of the realm) or simply Borgen (English: the castle).

The present building, the third with this name, is the last in a series of successive castles and palaces constructed on the same site since the erection of the first castle in 1167. Since the early fifteenth century, the various buildings have served as the base of the central administration; until 1794 as the principal residence of the Danish kings and after 1849 as the seat of parliament.

The palace today bears witness to three eras of Danish architecture, as the result of two serious fires. The first fire occurred in 1794 and the second in 1884. The main part of the current palace, finished in 1928, is in the historicist Neo-baroque style. The chapel dates to 1826 and is in a neoclassical style. The showgrounds were built 1738-46, in a baroque style.

Christiansborg Palace is owned by the Danish state, and is run by the Palaces and Properties Agency. Several parts of the palace are open to the public.

***

ESPAÑOL

www.copenhague.es/que-ver/palacio-de-christiansborg/

El palacio de Christiansborg está situado en el islote de Slotsholmen en Copenhague, Dinamarca, y es la sede del Folketing (Parlamento danés), la oficina del primer ministro danés y el Supremo Tribunal danés. Además, varias partes del palacio son utilizados por la monarquía, incluyendo las salas de recepción Real, la capilla del palacio y las caballerizas reales.

El palacio es la casa de los tres poderes supremos de Dinamarca: el poder ejecutivo, poder legislativo y el poder judicial.​ Es el único edificio del mundo que alberga las tres ramas de gobierno de un país. El palacio de Christiansborg es propiedad del estado danés y está dirigido por la Agencia de Palacios y Propiedades. Se le conoce coloquialmente como Borgen.

El edificio actual es el último de una serie de castillos y palacios construidos sucesivamente en el mismo sitio desde la construcción del primer castillo en 1167. Desde principios del siglo XV, los diferentes edificios han servido como la base de la administración central. Hasta 1794, como la residencia principal de los reyes daneses, y después de 1849, como la sede del Parlamento. El palacio de hoy es testigo de tres épocas de la arquitectura danesa, como resultado de dos incendios graves. El primer incendio se produjo en 1794 y el segundo en 1884. La parte principal del palacio actual, terminado en 1928, es de un estilo historicista neobarroco. La capilla, que data de 1826, es de estilo neoclásico. El recinto ferial se construyó de 1738 a 1746, en un estilo barroco.

Tags:   Marcial Bernabeu Bernabéu Denmark Danmark Dinamarca Danish Danes Danés Danesa Scandinavia Escandinavia Copenhagen Copenhague Christiansborg Slot Palace Palacio Royal Room Reales Habitaciones Mirror Espejo Marc

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Dinamarca - Kvaerndrup - Castillo de Egeskov

***

ENGLISH

Egeskov Castle (Danish: Egeskov Slot) is located near Kværndrup, in the south of the island of Funen, Denmark. The castle is Europe's best preserved Renaissance water castle.

Egeskov was first mentioned in 1405. The castle structure was erected by Frands Brockenhuus in 1554.

Due to the troubles caused by the civil war known as the Count's Feud (Danish: Grevens fejde), general civil unrest, and a civil war introducing the Protestant Reformation, most Danish noblemen built their homes as fortifications. The castle is constructed on oaken piles and located in a small lake with a maximum depth of 5 metres (16 ft). Originally, the only access was by means of a drawbridge. According to legend, it took an entire forest of oak trees to build the foundation, hence the name Egeskov (oak forest).

Outside, the castle is a Late Gothic building. Inside the original elements already show Renaissance design.

The castle consists of two long buildings connected by a thick double wall, allowing defenders to abandon one house and continue fighting from the other. The double wall is over one meter thick and contains secret staircases and a well. Defenders were able to attack an enemy's flanks from the two round corner towers. Other medieval defences include artillery ports, scalding holes and arrow slits. The bricks composing the castle are of an oversized medieval type sometimes called "monks bricks". The conical towers are constructed in a series of separate panels.

The architecture includes depressed and round-arched windows, round-arched blank arcading within the gables, and a double string course between the high cellar and the ground floor. The structure contains some of the early indoor plumbing design first used in Europe with vertical shafts for waste. The thick double wall also contains a water well which is accessed from the servants kitchen in the east house. Several of the large rooms have massive parallel exposed beams with some end carving.

Contents of the castle include a massive iron chest from at least as early as the 16th century, which derived from Hvedholm Castle, a property earlier owned by the Egeskov estate about ten kilometers to the west.

Numerous oil paintings are found within the castle including a large painting in the great hall on the first floor of Niels Juel, who defeated the Swedish force in the Battle of Køge Bay in the year 1677.

Other buildings belonging to Egeskov include Ladegården, a thatched half-timbered building which is now part of the museum. Other buildings are used by the museum and for farming. Surrounding the castle is an old park, covering 20 hectares (49 acres) of land. The park is divided into a number of gardens. The renaissance garden features fountains, a gravel path and topiary figures. The fuchsia garden, one of the largest in Europe, contains 104 different species. Other gardens near the castle include an English garden, a water garden, an herb garden, a vegetable garden, and a peasant's garden (bondehave). The gardens also feature four hedge mazes. The oldest is a beech maze several hundreds of years old. This garden is trimmed every year to prevent the trees from dying. The newest maze is the world's largest bamboo maze. It features a Chinese tower in the centre, and a bridge from the tower provides the exit from the maze. The parks feature a three-meter-tall sundial designed by Danish poet and mathematician, Piet Hein.

The estate includes an additional eight square kilometres; 2.5 square kilometres (0.97 sq mi) is forest, with the rest being farmland. The estate has belonged to the Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille family since 1784. In 1986, a full-sized replica of the castle was built in Hokkaidō, Japan, to hold an aquarium. This was constructed with the permission of the Egeskov's owners at the time, Count Claus and Countess Louisa Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille.

Egeskov is home to the following museums.

- A vintage automobile collection
- A vintage motorcycle collection
- A collection describing the history of agriculture
- A collection of flying vehicles
- A collection of Falck and other emergency vehicles

Most of the castle is open to the public, except for the areas used by Count Michael and Countess Caroline Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille. The museum of agriculture and the horse wagon collection is located in the building Ladegård mentioned previously.

Three large modern buildings are occupied by the vintage automobile collection, the vintage motorcycle collection, the Falck collection, and by a collection of airplanes and helicopters. The Falck collection is a collection of vehicles from the Danish rescue company, Falck, emergency vehicles such as fire trucks, ambulances, rescue boats, and other assorted emergency vehicles.

***

ESPAÑOL

El castillo de Egeskov (en danés Egeskov Slot) es un castillo que se encuentra localizado en el sur de la isla de Fionia, en Dinamarca. El castillo es el castillo de estilo renacentista mejor conservado de Europa, por lo que se refiere a castillos que se encuentren rodeados de agua. Aunque la historia de Egeskov se remonta al siglo XV, la estructura del castillo actual fue erigida por Frands Brockenhuus en 1554.

Debido a los problemas e inestabilidades causados por la Guerra Civil Danesa en 1534-1536 (conocida por la historiografía anglosajona y danesa como Guerra del conde, en danés Grevens fejde), una guerra civil que introdujo en Dinamarca la Reforma Protestante, la mayor parte de la nobleza danesa construyó sus residencias planificándolas como auténticas fortalezas. Así, el castillo está construido sobre un lugar pilotes de roble y localizado en un pequeño lago con una profundidad máxima de cinco metros. En un primer momento, el único acceso desde el exterior al castillo era a través de un puente levadizo. Según la leyenda, se necesitó un bosque entero de robles para construir los cimientos del edificio, y de ahí derivaría el nombre de Egeskov (bosque de robles).

El castillo consiste en realidad en dos edificios distintos alargados y conectados entre sí por una pared de doble grosor, permitiendo así a los defensores del mismo abandonar una de las casas y seguir luchando en la otra.​ La pared doble posee más de un metro de espesor, y alberga escaleras secretas y un pozo. Por otra parte, estaba diseñado de modo que los defensores podían atacar por ambos flancos a los asaltantes desde las dos torres redondas de las esquinas. Otras defensas de tipo medieval incluyen portones para la artillería, matacanes o saeteras. Los ladrillos con los que se edificó el castillo son de un tipo medieval de gran tamaño, a veces llamado ladrillo de monjes. Las torres cónicas están construidas en una serie de paneles separados.

La arquitectura incluye ventanas en arco rebajado, en arco de medio punto y otros, rematadas algunas de ellas por gabletes, así como un doble cordón de arquillos ciegos entre la primera y la segunda plantas, además de un cordón entre el sótano levantado y la planta baja. La estructura incluye una primitiva fontanería, una de las primeras usadas en Europa, incluyendo ejes verticales para el desagüe de las aguas sucias.​ La gruesa pared doble también contiene canalizaciones de agua limpia que desembocan en la cocina de los criados, situada en la casa oriental.

El contenido del castillo incluye un peto o pectoral macizo de armadura, de hierro, con una antigüedad de al menos el siglo XVI, procedente del castillo de Hvedholm, una antigua propiedad de Egeskov, que se encuentra aproximadamente a diez kilómetros al oeste del castillo de Egeskov.

Igualmente, dentro del castillo existe una amplia colección de pintura, que incluye un gran cuadro situado en el largo pasillo de la primera planta, representando a Niels Juel, quien derrotó a las tropas del Imperio sueco en la batalla de la bahía de Køge, el 2 de julio de 1677, en el marco de las Guerras Escandinavas.

Otro edificios que forman parte de Egeskov es Ladegården, un edificio con armazón de madera que se encuentra cubierta con paja, y que actualmente forma parte del museo. Otros edificios auxiliares están en uso, bien sea por el museo bien para labores agrícolas.

El castillo está rodeado por un antiguo parque, que abarca una superficie total de 200 000 metros cuadrados de terreno. El parque se encuentra dividido en un elevado número de jardines. El jardín renacentista destaca por sus fuentes, un camino de grava y figuras de arte topiario.

El jardín de fuchsias, uno de los más grandes de Europa, contiene 104 especies diferente. Otros jardines inmediatos al castillo incluyen un jardín inglés, un jardín acuático, un jardín de hierbas, un jardín de verduras, y un jardín campesino. En los jardines también destacan cuatro laberintos de seto. El más antiguo es un laberinto que incluye un haya de varios cientos de años de edad. Este jardín es ajustado cada año para prevenir la muerte de los árboles. El laberinto más moderno es el laberinto de bambú, el mayor del mundo de dichas plantas. Destaca en él una torre en estilo chino en su centro, a la vez que un puente que parte de la torre proporciona la salida del laberinto. Existe también un reloj de sol diseñado por el poeta y matemático danés Piet Hein.

La propiedad incluye otros ocho kilómetros cuadrados más, de los que 2,5 son forestales, estando el resto formado por tierras de labranza. La finca perteneció a la familia de los Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille desde 1784. En 1986 se construyó una réplica de tamaño natural del castillo en Hokkaidō, Japón, para albergar un acuario, con el permiso de quienes por entonces eran los dueños de Egeskov, el Conde Claus y la Condesa Louisa Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille.

En la actualidad, el castillo de Egeskov acoge diversos museos o colecciones:

- Colección de automóviles antiguos.
- Colección de motocicletas antiguas.
- Colección museística sobre la Historia de la Agricultura y colección de coches de caballos, en el Ladegården.
- Colección de aparatos voladores.
- Colección de vehículos de bomberos y otros vehículos de emergencias, de la empresa danesa Falck.

La mayor parte del castillo se encuentra abierto al público, con la excepción las áreas reservadas para el uso privado por el conde Michael y la condesa Margrethe Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille, actuales propietarios.

El Museo de agricultura y la colección de coches de caballos se encuentran localizados en el Ladegården, mientras que la colección de automóviles antiguos, la de motocicletas antiguas, la de vehículos de la empresa Falck y la de aparatos voladores (incluyendo aeroplanos y helicópteros) ocupan tres grandes edificios de factura moderna. La colección Falck es una colección de vehículos de la empresa danesa de rescate Falck, vehículos de emergencias como camiones anti-incendios, ambulancias, barcos de rescate marítimo, y otros vehículos variados de emergencias.

Tags:   Marcial Bernabeu Bernabéu Denmark Danmark Dinamarca Danish Danes Danés Danesa Scandinavia Escandinavia Kvaerndrup Egeskov Castle Castillo Window Ventana Architecture Arquitectura Marc


0.1%