Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Jordi Sureda / Favorites
Jordi Sureda / 427,153 items

N 67 B 194 C 10 E Oct 21, 2022 F Feb 6, 2023
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Just outside Llanerchaeron's walled garden (NT).

Many thanks for faves, and comments, they're much appreciated!

Tags:   © Shawn White bokeh Fujifilm GFX 100S green purple mauve allure beauty calm charm delicate enchanting fresh gentle harmonious joy lightness peaceful purity restorative serene botanical grass flower crocus bulb spring Fujinon GF35-70 f4.5-5.6 WR closeup National Trust Llanerchaeron West Wales UK Ceredigion 3x4 4x3

N 92 B 597 C 12 E Dec 5, 2022 F Feb 6, 2023
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

A single leaf, barely there hangs on

Tags:   2022 Bokeh December Fall Fragile Helios Helios 44-2 Leaf Macro Macro Photography Skeleton Swirl Vintage Lens Virginia home

N 11 B 444 C 11 E Jul 25, 2018 F Feb 6, 2023
  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • O
  • L
  • M

To view more images of Lower Slaughter, please click "here" !

Please do not insert images, or group invites; thank you!

Lower Slaughter is a village in the English county of Gloucestershire, located in the Cotswold district, 4 miles (6.4 km) south west of the town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The village is built on both banks of the River Eye, which also flows through Upper Slaughter. At the west end of the village there is a 19th-century water mill with an undershot waterwheel and a chimney for additional steam power. There is a ford where the river widens in the village and several small stone footbridges join the two sides of the community. While the mill is built of red brick most of the 16th and 17th century homes in the village use Cotswold sandstone and are adorned with mullioned windows and often with other embellishments such as projecting gables. Records exist showing that Lower Slaughter has been inhabited for over 1000 years. The Domesday Book entry has the village name as “Sclostre”. It further notes that in 1066 and 1086 that the manor was in the sheriff's hands. Lower Slaughter Manor, a Grade-II listed 17th-century house, was granted to Sir George Whitmore in 1611 and remained in his family until 1964. The 13th century Anglican parish church is dedicated to St. Mary the Virgin. Much of the current structure was built in 1866; however, the spire and peal of six bells was recently restored. In May 2013 it was reported in the national news that the Parish Council were fiercely opposed to the presence of an icebox tricycle selling ice creams for seven days a week, six months of the year, citing that the trading times were excessive, increased footfall would prevent the grass from growing and that children could climb on the trike and fall into the nearby river.

Upper Slaughter is a village in the English county of Gloucestershire located in the Cotswold district located 4 miles (6.4 km) south west of the town of Stow-on-the-Wold. Nearby places include Lower Slaughter, Bourton-on-the-Water and Daylesford. The village is built on both banks of the River Eye. The Anglican parish church is dedicated to St. Peter. Upper Slaughter was identified by author Arthur Mee as one of 32 Thankful Villages, although more recent work suggests a total of 52. This term referred to the small number of villages in England and Wales which had lost no men in World War I, and was popularised by Mee in the 1930s. In Enchanted Land (1936), the introductory volume to "The King's England" series of guides, he wrote "that a Thankful Village was one which had lost no men in the Great War because all those who left to serve came home again." Although the village was subject to an air raid, it also lost no men in World War II, an honour held by only 14 villages, collectively known as the Doubly Thankful Villages. The parliamentary constituency is represented by Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP. The name of the village derives form the Old English term "slough" meaning "wet land". The manor of Upper Slaughter is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086; the Slaughter family acquired it in the late 12th century. The current building, on the site of an ancient building, was constructed over many years, starting in the Tudor era. Its crypt is estimated to be from the 14th century. The largest business in the village is the Lords of the Manor Hotel. The building dates from 1649 and has been a hotel since 1960s. The owners continue to furnish the house with portraits and antiques belonging to the former owner. Other hotels serving the two Slaughter villages include The Slaughters Country Inn and Lower Slaughter Manor. In 1906, the cottages around the square were reconstructed by architect Sir Edward Lutyens.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tags:   Canon England EOS 5D Mark IV Gloucesterhire Lower Slaughter UK Village Cotswolds Road Lane Trees EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM Upper Slaughter Eizo ColorEdge CX271 Photoshop CC 2023


5 of 427,153