ⓒRebecca Bugge, All Rights Reserved
Do not use without permission.
Böblingen was quite heavily bombed during World War II, but there are a few old buildings left.
The statue is the top of a fountain, the Christophorus-Brunnen, from 1526. Or the original was, it is kept elsewhere and this is a modern copy. The half-timbered house behind is today a butcher-museum(!). It was earlier the place for the vogt (a German title, with no real English equivalent). It was built in 1570 for Wernher Ströling (replacing an earlier house).
The church tower belongs to the town church, located on the highest point of the place.