Fluidr
about   tools   help   Y   Q   a         b   n   l
User / Frank C. Grace (Trig Photography) / Sets / The Parson Barnard House
Frank Grace / 9 items

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Parson Barnard House (1715)

179 Osgood Street
North Andover, MA 01810
978-686-4035

The Parson Barnard House (1715) retains many of its original features, based on a documented history of this significant 18th Century building. The first owners and inhabitants of the house were ministers of the North Parish Church of North Andover, including Rev. Thomas Barnard, Rev. John Barnard and Rev. William Symmes. Towards the end of the 18th century the house was used as a summer home at which time the carriage barn was built. The North Andover Historical Society purchased the Parson Barnard House in 1950 in order to preserve a typical house built in the town during the early 18th century. Architectural features: Abbott Lowell Cummings describes the Parson-Barnard House as a 'progressive' example of timber-frame construction for its time, with its vertically divided front door, plastered walls and chimney, covered lintels and piers, and underlying ground-sill which was built to support the frame of the house. Cummings cites the house as a 'transitional' example of juxtaposing traditional frame methods with 'a rich display' of ';applied finished trim.' The right-hand parlor chamber preserves 'dramatic evidence' of transitions between two major architectural styles. Today the house is interpreted through four periods of architecture to show its evolution over the centuries. Designations: National Register of Historic Places (1974); National Historic District (1979).

SOURCE: essexheritage.org/attractions/parson-barnard-house-1715

Tags:   North Andover Massachusetts United States US parsonbarnard house home historic history new england hdr high dynamic range photography 1715 colonial haunted paranormal activity ghots ghost ghost hunting legend tripping new england legends Rev. Thomas Barnard Rev. John Barnard Rev. William Symmes 18th century North Andover Historical Society timber-frame construction Simon Bradstreet Anne Bradstreet Reverend Thomas Barnard Reverend John Barnard Nikon D850 on1pics Trig Photography Frank C. Grace

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Parson Barnard House (1715)

179 Osgood Street
North Andover, MA 01810
978-686-4035

The Parson Barnard House (1715) retains many of its original features, based on a documented history of this significant 18th Century building. The first owners and inhabitants of the house were ministers of the North Parish Church of North Andover, including Rev. Thomas Barnard, Rev. John Barnard and Rev. William Symmes. Towards the end of the 18th century the house was used as a summer home at which time the carriage barn was built. The North Andover Historical Society purchased the Parson Barnard House in 1950 in order to preserve a typical house built in the town during the early 18th century. Architectural features: Abbott Lowell Cummings describes the Parson-Barnard House as a 'progressive' example of timber-frame construction for its time, with its vertically divided front door, plastered walls and chimney, covered lintels and piers, and underlying ground-sill which was built to support the frame of the house. Cummings cites the house as a 'transitional' example of juxtaposing traditional frame methods with 'a rich display' of ';applied finished trim.' The right-hand parlor chamber preserves 'dramatic evidence' of transitions between two major architectural styles. Today the house is interpreted through four periods of architecture to show its evolution over the centuries. Designations: National Register of Historic Places (1974); National Historic District (1979).


SOURCE: essexheritage.org/attractions/parson-barnard-house-1715

Tags:   North Andover Massachusetts United States US parsonbarnard house home historic history new england hdr high dynamic range photography 1715 colonial haunted paranormal activity ghots ghost ghost hunting legend tripping new england legends Rev. Thomas Barnard Rev. John Barnard Rev. William Symmes 18th century North Andover Historical Society timber-frame construction Simon Bradstreet Anne Bradstreet Reverend Thomas Barnard Reverend John Barnard Nikon D850 on1pics Trig Photography Frank C. Grace

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Parson Barnard House (1715)

179 Osgood Street
North Andover, MA 01810
978-686-4035

"The Parson Barnard House (1715) retains many of its original features, based on a documented history of this significant 18th Century building. The first owners and inhabitants of the house were ministers of the North Parish Church of North Andover, including Rev. Thomas Barnard, Rev. John Barnard and Rev. William Symmes. Towards the end of the 18th century the house was used as a summer home at which time the carriage barn was built. The North Andover Historical Society purchased the Parson Barnard House in 1950 in order to preserve a typical house built in the town during the early 18th century. Architectural features: Abbott Lowell Cummings describes the Parson-Barnard House as a 'progressive' example of timber-frame construction for its time, with its vertically divided front door, plastered walls and chimney, covered lintels and piers, and underlying ground-sill which was built to support the frame of the house. Cummings cites the house as a 'transitional' example of juxtaposing traditional frame methods with 'a rich display' of ';applied finished trim.' The right-hand parlor chamber preserves 'dramatic evidence' of transitions between two major architectural styles. Today the house is interpreted through four periods of architecture to show its evolution over the centuries. Designations: National Register of Historic Places (1974); National Historic District (1979)."


SOURCE: essexheritage.org/attractions/parson-barnard-house-1715

Tags:   North Andover Massachusetts United States US parsonbarnard house home historic history new england hdr high dynamic range photography 1715 colonial haunted paranormal activity ghots ghost ghost hunting legend tripping new england legends Rev. Thomas Barnard Rev. John Barnard Rev. William Symmes 18th century North Andover Historical Society timber-frame construction Simon Bradstreet Anne Bradstreet Reverend Thomas Barnard Reverend John Barnard Nikon D850 on1pics Trig Photography Frank C. Grace

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

The Parson Barnard House (1715)

179 Osgood Street
North Andover, MA 01810
978-686-4035

"The Parson Barnard House (1715) retains many of its original features, based on a documented history of this significant 18th Century building. The first owners and inhabitants of the house were ministers of the North Parish Church of North Andover, including Rev. Thomas Barnard, Rev. John Barnard and Rev. William Symmes. Towards the end of the 18th century the house was used as a summer home at which time the carriage barn was built. The North Andover Historical Society purchased the Parson Barnard House in 1950 in order to preserve a typical house built in the town during the early 18th century. Architectural features: Abbott Lowell Cummings describes the Parson-Barnard House as a 'progressive' example of timber-frame construction for its time, with its vertically divided front door, plastered walls and chimney, covered lintels and piers, and underlying ground-sill which was built to support the frame of the house. Cummings cites the house as a 'transitional' example of juxtaposing traditional frame methods with 'a rich display' of ';applied finished trim.' The right-hand parlor chamber preserves 'dramatic evidence' of transitions between two major architectural styles. Today the house is interpreted through four periods of architecture to show its evolution over the centuries. Designations: National Register of Historic Places (1974); National Historic District (1979)."


SOURCE: essexheritage.org/attractions/parson-barnard-house-1715

Tags:   North Andover Massachusetts United States US parsonbarnard house home historic history new england hdr high dynamic range photography 1715 colonial haunted paranormal activity ghots ghost ghost hunting legend tripping new england legends Rev. Thomas Barnard Rev. John Barnard Rev. William Symmes 18th century North Andover Historical Society timber-frame construction Simon Bradstreet Anne Bradstreet Reverend Thomas Barnard Reverend John Barnard Nikon D850 on1pics Trig Photography Frank C. Grace table

  • DESCRIPTION
  • COMMENT
  • MAP
  • O
  • L
  • M

Inside the Historic Parson Barnard House (1715)

"The Parson Barnard House (1715) retains many of its original features, based on a documented history of this significant 18th Century building. The first owners and inhabitants of the house were ministers of the North Parish Church of North Andover, including Rev. Thomas Barnard, Rev. John Barnard and Rev. William Symmes. Towards the end of the 18th century the house was used as a summer home at which time the carriage barn was built. The North Andover Historical Society purchased the Parson Barnard House in 1950 in order to preserve a typical house built in the town during the early 18th century.
Architectural features: Abbott Lowell Cummings describes the Parson-Barnard House as a 'progressive' example of timber-frame construction for its time, with its vertically divided front door, plastered walls and chimney, covered lintels and piers, and underlying ground-sill which was built to support the frame of the house. Cummings cites the house as a 'transitional' example of juxtaposing traditional frame methods with 'a rich display' of ';applied finished trim.' The right-hand parlor chamber preserves 'dramatic evidence' of transitions between two major architectural styles. Today the house is interpreted through four periods of architecture to show its evolution over the centuries.
Designations: National Register of Historic Places (1974); National Historic District (1979)."


SOURCE: essexheritage.org/attractions/parson-barnard-house-1715

Tags:   parsonbarnard house home historic history new england northandover massachusetts hdr high dynamic range photography 1715 colonial haunted paranormal activity ghots ghost ghost hunting legend tripping new england legends Rev. Thomas Barnard Rev. John Barnard Rev. William Symmes 18th century North Andover Historical Society timber-frame construction Simon Bradstreet Anne Bradstreet Reverend Thomas Barnard Reverend John Barnard Nikon D850 on1pics Trig Photography Frank C. Grace United States US


55.6%