Looking in need of some tlc, this lovely old lady had been beautifully preserved as the gate guardian at RAF St Mawgan, where Shackletons were based for many years. Now, with her bomb bay doors and outer wings and RR Griffon engines removed, she sits beside the Cornwall Aviation Heritage Centre.
Formerly known as the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, construction started in 1296 and finished in 1436 when the dome was completed and the cathedral was consecrated that year. However, the marble cladding of the exterior was added over time, being finally completed in 1887. Viewed from Giotto's Bell Tower.
The Ponte Vecchio medieval bridge over the Arno river in Florence. It was built in 1345 and is famous for being lined with shops. They were originally butchers shops, but are now jewellers, art dealers and souvenir sellers. The bridge was not destroyed by the retreating Germans in 1944, allegedly on the orders of Hitler himself.
This view is from the west.