The church was built about 1781; the earlier building was demolished and the new church was built on a site to the north. It is of coursed ashlar; it has a rectangular nave, with no separate chancel, with five rounded-headed windows on each side; there is a west tower. In 1812 the walls were raised to allow a south gallery (which was later removed) and a west gallery; an upper arcade of windows, of similar shape to those below, was added. There is an external staircase leading to the west gallery. In 1852 an organ was installed in the south gallery, and later was placed on the south side of the chancel. In 1948–49 a false ceiling was installed, so the upper windows can be seen only from the outside.