St Fagans National Museum of History - Amgueddfa Cymru
Kennixton Farmhouse is a 17th-century farmhouse originally built at Kennexstone, Llangennith, Gower, and now located at St Fagans National History Museum, Cardiff, Wales. It is a Grade II listed building.
The house was built around 1610, and extended over a period. Inside can be seen an example of a box-bed or "cupboard bed" and a sleeping platform over the fireplace, typical of houses in the Gower peninsula at this period.[Its exterior walls are painted a bright red; the original pigment included ox blood and lime and may have been intended as a kind of charm against witches.] Another theory is that it simply showed that the family were rich enough to be able to afford this type of pigment.
The farmhouse was donated to the museum (then called the Welsh Folk Museum) in 1951 by its then owner, Mr J B Rogers. It was one of the first properties to be rebuilt at the museum, which opened in 1948, and finance for carrying out the work was provided by the profits from the 1951 Festival of Britain.